- $10.00Today Only!
- 50% Savings
- 136 Purchased
- 00:00:00Time Leftfor the Deal
Read what Chicago Reader food critic Gary Wiviott has to say about Sahara Kabob:
"A storefront plastered with standard-issue gyro and pizza puff signage gives little hint that an accomplished Assyrian restaurant might lie within. But this Rogers Park spot (formerly called Big Buns and Pita) has been praised by the likes of chef Graham Elliot. Tasty starters include smoky baba ghanoush; falafel made from a flavorful blend of chickpeas and fava beans; lahim beajin--think Middle Eastern pizza on a pita; and kubbat Mosul, a delicious cracked wheat pancake stuffed with beef and onion. Tashreeb, a signature dish, is a meltingly tender lamb shank set atop a slightly spicy sour tomato broth and samon, a fluffy bread (the "big buns" in the restaurant's name) that soaks up the juices. Cornish hen, marinated and charcoal grilled, is likewise terrific. Each plate is insanely generous for the price, accompanied by a savory lentil soup, salad, torshi (pickle), and rice or couscous."
"Worth the drive for middle eastern fare" -Daily Herald,
2007 "100 Best things we ate" - Time Out Chicago
Grab some Assyrian favorites at a BYOB spot praised by Graham Elliot.
- Expires 364 days from purchase.
- Not valid for cash back.
- Cannot be combined with other promotions.
- Must be used in one visit.
- Does not cover tax or gratuity.
- Valid for dine-in only.
- Not valid on holidays and during special events.
- Certificates expire one year after purchase date.
- You may purchase and redeem this deal instantly!